Apart from surgical guides, fabrication of a lot of other applications is available with different levels of accuracy. Space maintainers and retainers can be made. Fixtures in resection cases, orthodontic aligners can be made. In future cheaper crown and bridges can be fabricated when we incorporate metal fabrication. The whole mandible can be prepared in Titanium, customized Implants for the patients are possible.
1. In Special Practice:
a) Oral Surgery: Surgical templates for trauma, Implants, and Grafting.
b) Prosthodontics: Implant surgical guides, Parallelism indicators, Crown preparation guides, condylar guidance. Flexidemture.
c) Endodontics: Practice RC. Post-fabrication, surgical pre-planning. Crown preparation guide for better esthetics.
d) Orthodontics: Model preparation, aligners fabrication, right, left discrepancy, head gear preparation, impacted tooth surgical realigning guidance, pre-post models—skull and teeth. RME appliances. Lingual support appliances.
e) Periodontics: pre-surgical planning, implant planning. Soft tissue visualization if done on CT rather than CBCT.
f) Pedodontics: Space maintainers, impacted tooth guidance, cleft planning
g) Medical: Customization and Personalization
The greatest advantage that 3D printers provide in medical applications is the freedom to produce custom-made medical products and equipment. 3 For example, the use of 3D printing to customize prosthetics and implants can provide great value for both patients and physicians. 3 In addition, 3D printing can produce made-to-order jigs and fixtures for use in operating rooms. 4 Custom-made implants, fixtures, and surgical tools can have a positive impact in terms of the time required for surgery, patient recovery time, and the success of the surgery or implant. 4It is also anticipated that 3D printing technologies will eventually allow drug dosage forms, release profiles, and dispense to be customized for each patient.
2. Future—near future:
a) Resected part fabrication.
b) Customized implants.
c) Facial reconstruction.
d) Dental lab procedures.
e) Lot more—sky is the limit.
A new material could save people the agonizing pain of knee replacement surgery with a new biomaterial that actually encourages regrowth of degraded cartilage. A bio-glass has been discovered that mimics the properties of cartilage, the flexible connective tissue which acts as a cushion between the bones and often wears out. Once cartilage is gone, it does not grow back and a knee replacement is the only option. Facial reconstruction.
Scan ‘N’ Sculpt your 3D Models
We have the advantage of facilitating the creation of anatomically matched devices and surgical instrumentation by using a patient’s own medical imaging. Another advantage is the ease in fabricating complex geometric structures, allowing the creation of engineered porous structures, tortuous internal channels, and internal support structures that would not be easily possible using traditional approaches,” the FDA said.
The FDA cautious approval strengthens the case for regular CT scans that should become a part of the healthcare system around the world. This will give early warning signs of degraded cartilage and other issues that can be tackled if they are caught in time
To the Medical/Dental Team:
- Addition to current 2D imaging techniques
- Decision making: whether to operate patient or not
- Faster and more precise Patient Specific treatment planning
- Such planning and practicing helps the medical team feel prepared and confident
- Implant pre-contouring
- Tools selection and Trajectory of screws can be fixed –surgical stents.
- Improved communication within the team
- Student/Resident Education model
- OT time can be reduced, consequently, more operations performed in a day
- The Success rate can be defined over time
- More patient intake
To the Patient:
- Reduced blood loss
- Reduced time under anesthesia
- Reduced overall costs
- Improved recovery time
- Anatomical Models. Anatomical Models for Surgical Preparation The individual variances and complexities of the human body make the use of 3D-printed models ideal for surgical preparation. Having a tangible model of a patient’s anatomy available for a physician to study or use to simulate surgery is preferable to relying solely on MRI or CT scans, which aren’t as instructive since they are viewed in 2D on a flat screen. The use of 3D-printed models for surgical training is also preferable to training on cadavers, which present problems with respect to availability and cost. Cadavers also often lack the appropriate pathology, so they provide more of a lesson in anatomy than a representation of a surgical patient
- Surgical Guides A well-designed surgical guide for cutting and drilling, crafted in accordance to the patient’s anatomy, enhances the holistic surgical procedure
- 3D Printing empowers us to design customized implants, as per patient’s anatomical needs. These surpass the limitations of prefabricated implants in terms of design, form, and fit. Key Advantages:
- Perfect fit implant 3D Printing in Titanium
- Controllable and modifiable meshes
- Limitations-free manufacturing• Adjustable design
- Faster turnaround time than traditional custom-made implants
- Shorter operation time
- Lesser need for autografts
- Better surgical outcome for the patient
- Hole in the cranium An implant designed to best fit the defect
- Loss of limbs in accidents, amputation surgery, congenital disability, etc. need restoration of prosthetic functionality in rehabilitation medicine. Present day upper and lower limb prosthetics are marred with several disadvantages like limited functionality, discomfort, ill-fitting forms and slow delivery time-lines.
- Braces/Splints Traditional splints and casts cause severe irritation and perspiration, when used during bone fractures, inflammation, post-surgery, rehabilitation, etc. They also hinder one’s routine activities. We use 3D Scanning and Printing to help resolve these problems.
- Key Advantages:
- Allows skin to breathe
- Techanically strong
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Portray personality Who said injuries can’t be fashionable
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Five finger functionality
- Custom fit
- Light weight
- Easily modifiable design
- Easily replaceable parts – Low-cost
- Express individuality in design
- Helps build self-confidence
- Faster delivery time
a) LINGUAL SUPPORT-
c) Tongue Crib-
THE ICING ON THE CAKE Imagine seeing the baby before birth!!!!!